I regret leaving my ex-company to join this heartless company but a friend told me that I shouldn't have regrets & should look forward.
This current company, being a medical company, I really duno why they are so heartless even to their own staff! Although all the things I heard are from the colleagues around me and I should not believe all the things they say 100%. However, since there are soooo many stories already, there must be some truth in it as well!
Being so unhappy here, I really cannot continue to call up people to try for the vacancies. I feel so sick of the job scope because I have been doing recruitment nonstop for this whole 1 month. The turnover rate is really high & the benefits and culture really sucks. They always use their "culture" to explain to you why there are like this today. Although their contract states that the official hours end at 5pm, they expect everyone to work until 6 something at LEAST! (EVERYDAY)
We are also on alternate saturdays and having only 30 minutes lunch. I feel that lunch time is the only entitlement and "free" time for the staff, but I dun even have time to enjoy it! I always need to gobble up my food and rush back to work on time. It's not good for digestion! We are working like machines and robots.
I have tried to endure and see how things can be improved, but there is no use! They always tell you the problem is in you because you cannot adapt to the company's culture. They lied to me when they interviewed me, telling me that they want me to be involved in staff welfare, to talk to them and find out their problems & the things they are unhappy about the company. The management would then discuss and make improvements BUT they are not doing it!
They did tell me that we cannot leave on the dot because it's not very nice, but maybe 5.30 or so when we have finish our job. I didn't expect that I need to stay everyday! Might as well change my working hours to end at 6 right?! By right we who are covered under the employment act, should work max 44 hours a week. Any excess hours the company should pay us overtime pay but they do not! Averagely I have been working about 50 hours a week for the past one month! When I told the big boss I do not want to stay back until 6 just for the sake of staying and SHOWING them I am staying late! But the boss also told me it is the culture and HR should be a role model and set good example. WTH..all these bullshit!
Even during lunch we have to eat with our own designated lunch partners. We cannot talk too loudly in the office because the boss likes the office to be quiet. The atmosphere is always very tensed and everyone is working in their own world with minimal interaction.
I have became very short-tempered since I joined this company and have always talked back to my mother and bf so frequently. It's not healthy for my health and mind as well. I feel so irritated easily and angry with the company and also angry with myself for signing the damn contract!
I realy really understand why we have to read a contract sooo carefully because when things happen, you really will regret not reading it carefully.
There was a clause saying that NO MATTER WHETHERE I LEAVE THE COMPANY OR THEY TERMINATE ME FOR WHATSOEVER REASON WITHIN SIX MONTHS, I HAVE TO REIMBURSE THEM. The amount I am not sure..and they stated it in a general way including the legal fees to draft this appointment letter and also the agency fees involved to hire me that time. They can just say any amount and I cannot say it is not right because I cannot judge.
So I am seeking help from MOM whether this clause is unfair to the employee and if they canot do anything as I have signed it, hopefully they can help by telling me what I can do to minimize the amount to reimburse the company.
Last friday was the first time I left the office at 5.30pm. I mastered up alot of courage to make that move and when I did it I was quite happy. Baby also waited for me in the cab downstairs to "Force" me to leave the office early. My manager SMSed me and said "Next time please let me know when you want to leave before 6pm. We are from the HR Department, please set a good example. thanks"
I was so pissed with this and I replied "I have something on but I also dun understand why we need to stay back until 6 or 630 everyday. Let's talk on Monday. Thanks"
I know she would surely be very pissed but I really couldn't care less. I am prepared to have a talk with her and tell her I am not suitable for this position and would like to resign. Hope that she can let me know their regulations and the amount I need to reimburse them.
Let's cross our fingers and pray hard! Please let things go smoothly for me! PLease!~!!! I even went to the temple to make prayers to hope everything goes smoothly for me and let me be happy! PLeasee......
I almost forgot to mention that when I scheduled for candidates to come for interviews, there was this girl who asked why we had to stay back til so late everyday. She asked my manager if she finishes her work early can she leave at 5? My manager told her it is quite impossible. So she didnt wanna come for the 2nd interview when we scheduled for her and she even feedback to the agent and my agent also questioned me. I cannot help it cos I cannot change anything and that's the way the company is! When I feedback to my manager, she said she alrdy told the girl not to think about the timing and just work until 6 something. But how can it be when the official working hours stated in the contract is until 5pm? WTH!
Maybe they dun have any committments after work or they dun have any "LIFE"! But I am still young and I want to go for courses and go out after work and relax. I dun sell my life to the company and I am not a slave! They only want staff they want to control and manipulate! I hate this company of mine now!!!
Why is this happening when my bday is approaching? I asked andrew whether he really want to hire me back since sufong is already there. He said he only planned to hire me back in Oct when he thinks the business will pick up. Sigh.. my family also told me maybe its not right to return there becos I would owe him alot. If I quit successfully, I would be jobless and would have to search for job again. This market is really bad now and I have a phobia of the other companies. Duno why my friends can get good jobs and I can't. Also thinking of working part-time or temp or contract for a while if I need money urgently. If there are more lounges and pubs that needs me to sing I would be happy to do it but i know i am dreaming la..hahaha sis still say can go dragonfly work..yucks! I dun want!
Sigh sigh.... Why always need to face such problems and need money also. I want to go taiwan in september and shop til i drop but now i have money problems.
I really hope the amount won't turn out to be HUGE. and no matter how.. I would want to pay it off and dun even feel like serving that one month's notice. I just want to leave immediately!
